UVic Tentative Agreement Available
Publish date: Thursday, January 10, 2019
UVic - University of Victoria Administrative and Academic Professionals
Thank you to those members who attended the meeting last night to review the tentative agreement. Below you will find a link to the tentative agreement. Your UVic Bargaining Committee is recommending members vote yes.
Some highlights of the deal include:
- 6 per cent general wage increases over 3 years
- 0.4 per cent lift to the ceiling rate on July 1, 2021
- dental and medical benefit improvements
- addresses critical skills market adjustments
- improvements to stat holiday pay for employees required to work
- members will now be able to take long service vacation up front
- compassionate care leave increased to 27 weeks
- maternity and parental leave changes to account for changes to the Employment Insurance Act and Employment Standards Act
- improves process over work scheduling
- improvements to language that enhances union effectiveness
- language that guarantees consultation on intellectual property
Members will vote via e-ballot between Wednesday, January 16, 2019, and Monday, January 28, 2019, at noon (Pacific Daylight Time).
All members will receive their ballots to their preferred email on January 16. If you do not receive your ballot, first check your junk mail and then email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-779-7736. Adding email@example.com to your address book can facilitate the delivery of your voting credentials.
The email will contain a link to the voting site and your unique credential information (login and password).
Your UVic Bargaining Committee,
Kristen Ficke, University Systems
Adam Gaudes, University Systems
Ori Granot, Chemistry
Sandra Guerreiro, Theatre
Sheryl Karras, Business
Jesse Oshanek, Student Recruitment and Global Engagement
Al Gallupe, Labour Relations Officer